The most popular undergraduate majors are Biology, Business Economics, Political Science, Psychology and Psychobiology. The school places a strong emphasis on student research, awarding nearly $1 billion in competitive research grants and contracts annually.
What subjects does UCLA offer?
Departments & Programs
- A. Aerospace Studies. African American Studies. …
- B. Bioengineering. Bioinformatics. …
- C. Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. Chemistry and Biochemistry. …
- D. Dance. Dentistry. …
- E. Earth and Space Sciences. East Asian Studies. …
- F. Family Medicine. …
- G. Gender Studies. …
- H. Health Policy and Management.
What is UCLA most popular major?
Academics. The top six most popular undergraduate majors are: biology, business economics, political science, psychology, psychobiology and economics. Majors offered: 125+; minors offered: 90+.
What majors do UCLA offer?
- The College majors.
- School of the Arts and Architecture majors.
- Samueli School of Engineering majors.
- Herb Albert School of Music majors.
- School of Nursing majors.
- Luskin School of Public Affairs majors.
- School of Theater, Film and Television majors.
- Graduate School of Education & Information Studies majors.
What are the top 10 majors at UCLA?
The top 10 most popular majors?
- Psychology – 403 more students than five years ago (from 1,697 to 2,100)
- Mathematics – 396 (from 494 to 890)
- Integrative Biology and Physiology – 331 (from 582 to 913)
- Economics – 297 (from 1,670 to 1,967)
- Neuroscience – 278 (from 311 to 589)
Why is UCLA so popular?
The University of California, Los Angeles is among the most highly ranked public schools in the nation each year– and for good reason. UCLA’s incredible opportunities span across its academic offerings, extracurriculars, and rich campus life.
Is UCLA hard to get into?
How Hard Is It to Get Into UCLA? It’s very competitive to get into UCLA. Each year, UCLA accepts around 14% of its applicants. Put another way, that means that UCLA accepts 14 out of every 100 students that apply .
What is the hardest college to get into?
Presenting: The 20 Hardest Colleges to Get Into in the U.S.
- Harvard University. Photo by Lisi Cai. …
- Stanford University. Geri Lavrov. …
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Joe Raedle. …
- California Institute of Technology. Wolterk. …
- Yale University. …
- Princeton University. …
- University of Chicago. …
- Columbia University.
Is UCLA a party school?
UCLA is definitely a party school; between Greek Life and the social scene Thursday through Sunday nights, you can definitely find a place to “get jiggy with it.” However, UCLA students are also serious about their academics; they are highly competitive and work hard to attain good grades.
Are students at UCLA happy?
Like most things in life, you get out of it what you put into it. It’s hard to say whether the students are happy, but overall I would say so. UCLA just feels upbeat and alive. It’s the stereotypical California vibe with constant sunshine in Southern California in close proximity to a beach.
What is the hardest university to get into in California?
- California Institute of Technology. 4 Year. Pasadena, CA. …
- Stanford University. 4 Year. …
- Minerva Schools at Keck Graduate Institute. San Francisco, CA. …
- Pomona College. 4 Year. …
- Harvey Mudd College. 4 Year. …
- Claremont McKenna College. 4 Year. …
- University of Southern California. 4 Year. …
- University of California – Berkeley. 4 Year.
What are the hardest majors to get into at UCLA?
UCLA majors with admit rates of 25% or lower:
- Environmental Science (22%)
- Human Biology and Science (15%)
- Linguistics and Spanish (14%)
- Linguistics (15%)
- Marine Biology (12%)
- Math/Atmospheric, Ocean, and Environmental Science (14%)
- Psychobiology (25%)
- Psychology (22%)
Is UCLA an expensive school?
In 2019, Forbes ranked UCLA among the top five best value universities, citing our combination of high education quality and low student debt upon graduation. Most families pay less than the full price, and 46 percent of our undergraduate students pay no tuition at all.
What are the top 3 majors at UCLA?
The most popular majors at University of California–Los Angeles include: Social Sciences; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Psychology; Engineering; and Mathematics and Statistics.
Is UCLA more prestigious than USC?
According to US News and World Report, UCLA and USC rank 20th and 24th in their list of best national universities, respectively.
What sports is UCLA known for?
- Basketball (men)
- Basketball (women)
- Women’s beach volleyball.
- Cross country.