Overview. Stats: UCLA offers more than 3900 courses in 109 academic departments with 125 majors.
What major is UCLA known for?
The top six most popular undergraduate majors are: biology, business economics, political science, psychology, psychobiology and economics. Majors offered: 125+; minors offered: 90+. UCLA offers nearly 150 graduate degree programs, including an extensive selection of management and health sciences options.
What are the top 10 majors in UCLA?
The top 10 most popular majors?
- Psychology – 403 more students than five years ago (from 1,697 to 2,100)
- Mathematics – 396 (from 494 to 890)
- Integrative Biology and Physiology – 331 (from 582 to 913)
- Economics – 297 (from 1,670 to 1,967)
- Neuroscience – 278 (from 311 to 589)
What courses do UCLA offer?
Departments & Programs
- A. Aerospace Studies. African American Studies. …
- B. Bioengineering. Bioinformatics. …
- C. Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. Chemistry and Biochemistry. …
- D. Dance. Dentistry. …
- E. Earth and Space Sciences. East Asian Studies. …
- F. Family Medicine. …
- G. Gender Studies. …
- H. Health Policy and Management.
Is UCLA a 2 or 4 year college?
University of California-Los Angeles is a 4-year+ college. Such colleges offer undergraduate programs leading towards a Bachelor’s degree that typically take around 4 years to complete.
Is UCLA really hard to get into?
How Hard Is It to Get Into UCLA? It’s very competitive to get into UCLA. Each year, UCLA accepts around 14% of its applicants. Put another way, that means that UCLA accepts 14 out of every 100 students that apply .
Is UCLA a party school?
UCLA is definitely a party school; between Greek Life and the social scene Thursday through Sunday nights, you can definitely find a place to “get jiggy with it.” However, UCLA students are also serious about their academics; they are highly competitive and work hard to attain good grades.
What is the hardest university to get into in California?
- California Institute of Technology. 4 Year. Pasadena, CA. …
- Stanford University. 4 Year. …
- Minerva Schools at Keck Graduate Institute. San Francisco, CA. …
- Pomona College. 4 Year. …
- Harvey Mudd College. 4 Year. …
- Claremont McKenna College. 4 Year. …
- University of Southern California. 4 Year. …
- University of California – Berkeley. 4 Year.
What are the hardest majors to get into at UCLA?
UCLA majors with admit rates of 25% or lower:
- Environmental Science (22%)
- Human Biology and Science (15%)
- Linguistics and Spanish (14%)
- Linguistics (15%)
- Marine Biology (12%)
- Math/Atmospheric, Ocean, and Environmental Science (14%)
- Psychobiology (25%)
- Psychology (22%)
What GPA do you need for UCLA?
You must have a 3.0 GPA (3.4 for non-residents) or higher and no grades lower than a C in required high school courses. You can also substitute SAT subject tests for courses. If you don’t meet the requirements, it is possible to gain admission with a high enough score on the ACT/SAT plus on two SAT subject tests.
Is UCLA an Ivy League?
UCLA has one of the finest academic reputations in the country, and is considered one of the “Public Ivies,” providing an “Ivy League” college experience at public university prices.
Is UCLA a UC or CSU?
Selectivity. Overall, the UC schools—being very prestigious and highly ranked—are much more difficult to get into than are the CSU schools, especially UC Berkeley and UCLA, the two highest-ranked schools.
Is UCLA an expensive school?
UCLA is expensive but its doable with the financial aid package. My goal was to save as much money as possible so I could start paying the loans while still in school.
Is UCLA considered an elite school?
UCLA is not an Ivy League school but is often considered on par with the prestigious Ivies. The Ivy League was formed in the mid-1900s as a sports league of eight private universities in the Northeast. This elite group includes Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Cornell, UPenn, Columbia, and Dartmouth.
How much does it cost to go to UCLA for 4 years?
Final approved 2021-22 tuition and fee levels may be higher or lower than the amounts presented.
Understand Tuition and Other Costs.
|EXPENSES PER ACADEMIC YEAR||CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS||NON-RESIDENTS|
|Tuition and fees*||$13,258||$13,258|
|Room and meals**||$16,763||$16,763|
|Books and supplies||$1,404||$1,404|
What is the easiest major to get into at UCLA?
10 Easiest Majors to Transfer into UCLA
|1.||African American Studies||55%|