Even better – we’ll waive the monthly maintenance fee on the Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Banking® and the Bank of America Advantage Plus Banking® account settings for students who are under 24 and enrolled in school.
Does Bank of America have free student checking?
Students under age 24 are eligible for a waiver on the monthly maintenance fee while enrolled in a high school or in a college, university or vocational program. … It’s easy to open a checking account for your child who is going to college.
Does Bank of America offer student checking accounts?
Eligibility Requirements for Bank of America Student Checking Accounts. Bank of America has two types of checking accounts suitable for most students: the BofA Advantage SafeBalance Banking checking account and the Advantage Plus Banking checking account.
How do I get a student waiver for Bank of America?
We’ll waive the $12 monthly fee each statement cycle that you:
- Have at least one qualifying direct deposit of $250+
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance.
- Are enrolled in Preferred Rewards (applies to first 4 checking accounts)
- Are a student under 24 enrolled in a high school, university or vocational program.
Do student checking accounts have fees?
Opening a student checking account is a great way to establish some financial independence, but many banks charge maintenance fees that can cost you up to $15 a month if you don’t meet certain requirements.
Is Bank of America good for students?
This account is an excellent choice for all students, but particularly those who attend an out-of-state college, given how Bank of America is a nationwide bank. The account is also built for students who have limited cash. They’re able to get started with a low opening deposit and no monthly maintenance fee.
What is the best bank for high school students?
Best Student Bank Accounts of July 2021
- Best Overall: Chase Bank College Checking Account.
- Best For High School Students: Capital One MONEY Account.
- Best For Encouraging Saving: Bank of America Advantage Banking.
- Best Fee-Free Account: Discover Cashback Debit Account.
How much do you have to keep in Bank of America to avoid monthly service fees?
When you maintain a combined balance of at least $10,000 or more each statement cycle on your Bank of America Advantage Relationship Banking® account, the monthly maintenance fee is waived.
How can I get a free Bank of America account?
The Bank of America Basic Checking Fees
Have at least one qualifying direct deposit of $250. Maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more. Be a student under age 24 while enrolled in high school, college, university or a vocational program.
How do you prove you are a student at Bank of America?
A path to financial independence
- A government-issued ID, such as: U.S. driver’s license with photo. U.S. state-issued ID with photo. U.S. passport.
- Plus, one of the following: Social Security card. Credit or debit card from another financial institution. Current vehicle registration. Foreign driver’s license with photo.
Which banks have no monthly fees?
Best no-fee checking accounts
- Best overall: Capital One 360® Checking Account.
- Runner-up: Ally Interest Checking Account.
- Best for rewards: Discover Cashback Debit Account.
- Best for out-of-network ATMs: Alliant Credit Union High-Rate Checking Account.
- Best for students: Chase College Checking℠ Account.
Does the Bank of America offer any discounts special programs for students?
Student waivers for Bank of America Advantage Savings
Students under age 24 are eligible for a waiver of the monthly maintenance fee while enrolled in a high school, college, university or vocational program. Please refer to your Personal Schedule of Fees for details.
How much money do you need to keep in your Bank of America savings account?
The minimum balance required for the Bank of America savings account is $500 per day. It means that the balance posted in the account at the end of every day must be $500 or more in order to waive the monthly fee.
Which student account is best 2020?
Best Student Bank Accounts 2021
- HSBC Student Bank Account. …
- Natwest Student Bank Account. …
- Barclays Student Additions Account. …
- Lloyds Student Account. …
- RBS Student Bank Account. …
- Halifax Student Current Account. …
- TSB Student Bank Account. …
- Further information. For more help and advice on getting through Freshers’ Week, please see:
Are student bank accounts worth it?
Is it worth getting a student bank account? Yes, if you’re a student and looking to open a new bank account, they can be a good option. Student bank accounts offer perks that often are unmatched by other types of current accounts. This is because banks know your worth — most people rarely switch their current account.
Can a 15 year old open a bank account without parents?
Yes. Every bank has a separate category of savings account for minors and they need not require parents or guardians to open a minor account unless their age is less than 10 years. Provided the minor is capable to put his signature.