What can you do for free in College Station?
Here’s the list of things that we love to do for FREE in Bryan/College Station.
- George Bush Library.
- First Friday in Downtown Bryan.
- Boonville Heritage Park.
- Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History.
- Brazos Valley Worldfest.
- Brazos Valley Farmers Market.
What is there to do in College Station today?
Things To Do In College Station
- Visit The George H. W. Bush Presidential Library And Museum. …
- Pay Your Respects At The Veterans Park & Athletic Complex. …
- Stroll Through The Gardens At Texas A&M University. …
- Stop To Smell The Flowers At Basecamp Farms. …
- Gate 12 Bar & Grill. …
- Cavalry Court.
What is in College Station?
The Top 10 Things To Do In College Station, Texas
- George Bush Presidential Library. No trip to College Station would be complete without a trip to the George Bush Presidential Library. …
- Santa’s Wonderland. …
- The Theatre Company. …
- First Friday. …
- Lake Bryan. …
- Messina Hof. …
- Brazos Valley Bombers. …
- Hurricane Harry’s.
What is Bryan TX known for?
Bryan is the site of the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History. Many buildings in the city are on the National Register of Historic Places. The Texas International Speedway is immediately east.
Where can I take pictures in College Station?
Top 3 BEST Picture Locations In College Station, TX
- John Crompton Park. This is probably our favorite park to take photos at in College Station! …
- Downtown Bryan. This place could easily be in the #1 spot for most photographers. …
- Cy Miller Park. Ok so this location is actually located to the left of this park.
What is College Station known for?
College Station is a city in Brazos County in Texas and is most famous for being the home of the Texas A&M University.
What majors is A&M known for?
The most popular majors at Texas A&M University include: Engineering; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies; Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, and Related Sciences; and Biological and Biomedical Sciences.
Why is it called College Station?
The area was designated “College Station, Texas” by the Postal Service in 1877. The name was derived from the train station located to the west of the campus. Growth of both the community and college influenced residents’ desire to create a municipal government. The City of College Station was incorporated in 1938.
What is the closest major city to College Station TX?
Major cities near College Station, TX
- 83 miles to Houston, TX.
- 87 miles to Austin, TX.
- 151 miles to Dallas, TX.
- 153 miles to Arlington, TX.
- 153 miles to San Antonio, TX.
- 159 miles to Fort Worth, TX.
- 159 miles to Garland, TX.
- 167 miles to Plano, TX.
Is College Station a good place to live?
12 Reasons Bryan / College Station is one of the best places to live: … Cost of Living – while the median home value is higher than you would expect for a small town, the cost of living in B/CS is 6.7% less than the national average.
Does College Station have a downtown?
College Station is a place where people tell you “howdy!” loudly, enthusiastically and, occasionally, in unison. … Because the town grew out of the school, and because nearby Bryan, where there’s a quaint Main Street, was founded several years before the university’s arrival in 1876, College Station has no downtown.
What is there to do at night in College Station?
Best fun things to do on a saturday night near College Station, TX 77845
- Halo. 5.2 mi. $$ Dance Clubs. …
- Hurricane Harry’s. 1.5 mi. …
- Grand Station Entertainment. 1.4 mi. …
- Revolution Cafe & Bar. 5.1 mi. …
- Campfire Restaurant. 3.8 mi. …
- Poets Billiards & Bar. 0.2 mi. …
- Canteen Bar & Grill. 1.4 mi. …
- The Dry Bean Saloon. 1.6 mi.
Is Bryan Texas Safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Bryan is 1 in 38. Based on FBI crime data, Bryan is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, Bryan has a crime rate that is higher than 82% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What big city is Bryan Texas close to?
5 major cities are near Bryan; Austin being the closest is 102.4 miles or 164.9 kilometers away. Bryan is also near the Oklahoma state border; Oklahoma City in Oklahoma is 367.5 miles or 591.4 kilometers away.
How far is Bryan Texas from the ocean?
Distance from Bryan, TX to Beach City, TX
There are 111.73 miles from Bryan to Beach City in southeast direction and 133 miles (214.04 kilometers) by car, following the TX 6 S route. Bryan and Beach City are 2 hours 25 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop . This is the fastest route from Bryan, TX to Beach City, TX.